Saturday, July 28, 2012

BUTTERBIRD






















BUTTERBIRD    wood mobile by Candace Knapp     
22 inches  x 9inches  x 7 inches    Photo Bjorn Andren      

 
BUTTERBIRD

Sometimes a lady can have a little wiggle.
It’s actually quite charming, don’t you think?
And when a lady, I mean a very well bred
only slightly elderly and extremely charming lady,
a real lady,
has a wiggle,
she most always has a plump butt.
I mean to say a derriere.
A derriere with dignity that can slide
ever so gently to the left and to the right
when she walks
or in my case “floats”
for I am a Butterbird.
I float ever so gently through the air
with an almost imperceptible flutter of wings
and I make a sound like a faint sigh.
There is the odor of fresh lipstick just before I disappear
into your imagination.
You begin to wonder if I was ever there at all
Maybe it was a dream?
Still the little swaying to the left and to the right,
it will stay with you
It will haunt you
and sometimes you will look over your left shoulder suddenly
to catch a glimpse.
I tell you, “A real lady is hard to find in this world.
A real lady is a gift from God.”


2 comments: