Saturday, August 18, 2012

PICNIC



















PICNIC     acrylic on canvas by Candace Knapp
17 inches  x 21 inches x 1 ½ inches     Photo Bjorn Andren 


PICNIC

It was a lovely day
naked mountains blue and hazy in the distance
and lord knows I hadn’t had a vacation in years
life had enclosed me in a small cardboard box
until my body grew old and stiff
I wasn’t ready for that yet
always wanted to go out West
drove for two days across Texas
on peanut butter sandwiches and Dr Peppers
serenaded by Willie Nelson and the Dixie Chicks
It was a dream come true
a vision quest
a journey I made by stopping
by the side of the road
sky so big I started to fall into it
had to close my eyes to find myself
car door open to a slight breeze
sun so warm I drifted into sleep
It was probably the heat but here I was
in a world all pink and cosy
a large bird was calling my name
leaves floated by
I was being watched by benevolent forces
orange sun stared at me
lovingly
I was a bubble of moisture on the hot desert floor
Is this the place the shamans talk about?
Something yellow and pleased came out from me
and I let it

2 comments:

  1. You are the best.......... <3 /// Björn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vision quest! I would gladly join you and be Thelma or Louise...your pick! I would bring Moonpies and a book of Hafiz. And be easily persuaded to drive off a cliff into the color yellow!

    ReplyDelete