Saturday, December 29, 2012

SMILE



















SMILE   Ceramic sculpture by Candace Knapp
from a sandbox installation     Photo Bjorn Andren


SMILE

The thing is I just don’t want to be like everyone else.
Know what I mean?
I want to be “me”... whatever that is.
It’s the New Year and I want a fresh start.
I want to be the person inside of me that hasn’t come out yet.
I want to put on a silly hat and give everyone a smile that says,
“This is me and I don’t care what you think about it.”
So here I am at the beach
sand between my toes.  It feels good
just lying around in the sun...
blue water stretching out to the horizon ...
little birds playing footsie with the waves...
there’s a ship far away...
a constant wind...
I stop...
And listen...
I think I’m about to hatch
Please God, don’t let me be like everyone else
Please tell me I’m “special”



1 comment:

  1. And you are a poet now, to add to your many other talents! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete