Sunday, January 27, 2013

TRAVELING MOM














TRAVELING MOM     wood mobile by Candace Knapp
8 inches x 25 inches x  8 inches    Photo Bjorn Andren        


TRAVELING MOM

Don’t get me wrong.
I love my family.
It’s just that there are places I need to go
and things I need to do.
The sky is a vast blue ocean
that pulls me out of myself.
I can’t be small anymore
I have to do it...
to sail these airy currents
to drink the sun
to find what has been waiting for me
since the beginning of time.

But it’s ok.
I am a big ship now.
I can take you with me
close your eyes.
Can you feel yourself lifted,
just a little?
We go where light has no horizon
where thoughts turn into music
and our long cherished dreams
meet us face to face
give a little kiss
and dissolve into laughter.
What was I thinking?
I can’t be small anymore.
There are places I need to go
and things I need to do.



2 comments:

  1. as always, the words add to the piece. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been commenting on your writing but I adore your images as well!!!! This one really moves me. I want to be a big ship.

    ReplyDelete